Monday, August 24, 2009

Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Gulfstream Park, Daycare, Ran 4 miles!


Saturday, we took Sawyer to the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, a coastal and marine preserve. Apparently, there are a ton of things to see and do there, but unfortunately, it started to thunderstorm while we were there so they ended up closing all of their exhibits. We did get a chance to walk the boardwalk through the coastal forest and up to the observation tower. From the tower, we were able to enjoy quite a view of the intercoastal on one side and the ocean on the other! I plan to take Sawyer there again this week by myself so we can check out the butterfly garden, turtles, and aquariums. Afterward, we went for sushi and Sawyer ate an entire spicy tuna roll. He loves sushi!


On top of the observation tower.

Sunday, we spent all day at Gulfstream Park, our favorite local beach. Sawyer and Cliff jumped waves in the ocean together and looked for rocks. Sawyer's face lit up when he found this awesome rock. He then dropped it and the waves took it back out to sea. His heart sank as he watched it disappear. Fortunately, he found a new one, not as cool looking though, to replace the one he lost. This time he made sure to hold on tight. He brought it back home and even went to bed with it. It seems like we go to the beach every weekend. We love it!

Today was the first day Sawyer did not cry when I dropped him off at the YMCA daycare. Yay! He actually did a little happy dance when we got there. I think he's starting to enjoy it, just a little. However, in the car, I asked him if he had fun and he shook his head no with a smile on his face. haha..

Today also marks a new fitness milestone for me! I ran 4 miles nonstop! I'm so proud of this accomplishment! Previously, I'd been running 3 miles, 5 days a week. It looks like my new goal is now going to be 4 miles. Now that I know I can do it, I have no excuses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...