Thursday, April 17, 2008

Books

Yesterday, Sawyer and I went to Barnes and Noble to hang out and look at some books. The children's area at our local store is a pretty decent size so we were able to spend several hours there reading and touching all the books. They make children's books with pages that have different textures in them so they can touch while being read to. Pretty neat since Sawyer loves to touch everything.

Afterward, we headed over to the adult fiction section to browse. A woman walks up with her son, who is about 11 years old, points to us, and reminisces sweetly to him, "I use to carry you like that!", after seeing Sawyer being carried in the Ergo.

Today, I ordered some nostalgic Golden books for Sawyer on Amazon: Peter Pan, Bambi, The Three Little Bears, and Three Little Pigs. The Disney books feature gorgeous, colorful vintage illustrations from the 40's and 50's. I can't wait to read these to him during our story time together.

I have a sore throat today so I'm trying hard not to hold my little Sweet Potato too much. I don't want him to get sick. However, since he is so use to being held all the time, he isn't handling it too well. I'm sitting Indian style right now with him in between my legs while I type on the laptop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...