Friday, June 6, 2008

Learning every day

Sawyer has learned how to sit down from a standing position. Before, if he wanted to sit back down after standing for awhile, he'd just sort of fall down on his butt. Now, he's figured out how to bend his knees and lower himself purposefully onto the floor.

Sawyer also loves to drink from a cup! I bought him a sippy cup 3 weeks ago, but he's completely disinterested. Instead, he wants my cup. He will grab my cup, put his little lips on the brim, and drink. I only allow him to do this if I'm drinking water. He hasn't quite mastered his technique yet so most of the liquid ends up spilling on the floor.

I fed him organic yogurt for the first time tonight and he loved it! He couldn't get enough. His upper body was tilted forward the entire time with his tiny mouth opening immediately after each swallow. He looked so cute!

I want to start giving him finger foods but I'm scared to death of him choking. When we're at the table, he seems to want whatever it is I'm having. I feel so bad not giving it to him yet. I will soon though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...